The Passing of a Conservation Giant


It is with a heavy heart that I announce Lawrence Anthony, founder of The Earth Organization, environmentalist, author and adventurer, passed away last Friday in his home at Thula Thula in South Africa. I featured the game reserve in season 3 of TPD. I'll be going back to Thula at the end of March, but it will be a much different place without him. 
When I shot at Thula Thula in October 2010, he and I missed each other by a day. I was supposed to get to follow him around for a few days and interview him, but he was called away at the last minute. When he watched the completed episodes on Thula last year, he called me to say that he loved them and that I was welcome to come back anytime. 
I was very much looking forward to meeting him in person, and am deeply sad that I never will. You may learn more about Anthony's incredible conservation work and his legacy at The Earth Organization http://earthorganization.com/.
You may also watch the episodes featuring Thula Thula at www.theperegrinedame.com, under Season 3.

Comments

Popular Posts